Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Clever girl! My Freeblades Velozar Knight finished

 One of my favorite movie lines ever, "Clever Girl" from a movie everyone should know Jurassic Park.




So I could not help myself when I went to take some photos of my completed Knight (after all he is riding a velociraptor) and doing up a little staged play based off that famous line. 

I downloaded a jungle image as a backdrop for my photo shoot of my last Velozar Knight, and painted up one of the members of the Eclipse Sisterhood who are in rebellion against the patriarchal Traazorite Empire.

The story in the picture unfolds. Having received information on a possible assassination attempt on the local governors life, the local commander sets up a trap with troops hidden in the area to ambush the rebel attempt. A Throatseeker is spotted by a Velozar Knight who charges through the Jungle undergrowth having completely surprised the Eclipse Rebel..... or has he? You decide. 




Here are a few more shots of my finished Knight as well.






As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin











10 comments:

  1. Very cool. Excellent thematic presentation. I like the back drop. Nice job on the figs again. The expression on the woman is great and the painted eyes are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I am getting better at eyes and not so afraid to try. Still faces are not quite there for me yet.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Yes, very nice images, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, first time trying a backdrop. I was pleased with outcome.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Exciting! That is one fine figure. The blue harness was a really good choice. These guys are growing on me!

    Now... you must tell me how you went about downloading the photo and then printing it large enough for a backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip. I have to paint another five to six foot figures and I will be able to game against Rob.

      I just googled jungle pictures backdrop and probably looked around for about 30 minutes before I found one. Then I just used windows photo app and clicked on print and changed a few settings. The photos you see are cropped using Flickr and I cropped out all unwanted background.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Dude!! What a presentation. Definitely portrays the ongoing battles and hatred in Freeblades. Love it!! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, this was a fun photo to take.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Splendid looking lizard riding knight!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, appreciate the visit as well.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete