Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, May 28, 2021

Freeblades Velozar Knight

 I finished the first of two of the Velozar Knight's I have for my Freeband (models from DGS Games). I did a bit of modifying to it to make it different from the standard pose. Both arms are from a Victrix model kit, as well as the shield, and I replaced the spear with a brass one. I added a pennant and a shield decal from Little Big men. 

I posed him perched up on a rock overlooking the battlefield with his banner fluttering in the wind. He is not afraid to be seen. In fact he wants to be seen, as he fears no man or beast. 

The rock is from the garden and I primed and painted it. I like how it profiles the model.

I hope you like what you see, tell me what you think.






As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


9 comments:

  1. This thing is outstanding. I like how colorful the raptor is. Everything came together including the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I had in my mind a 7th Cavalry mounted out West.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. What great job! Can’t wait to kill that beast. Or die trying. He turned out excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, but it will likely be to your demise 🤣

      Delete
  3. Dude; Weird looking horse...

    The rider is excellent! I like that the rock is from the garden!! nice choice of colors. Ok, ok the beast is a fine looking specimen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, yeah telling you hey Skip look, Arab cavalry was a dirty trick. But man the Crusaders would have crapped their pants facing these boys.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking hero on reptilian steed, Kevin. The brushwork on the raptor is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Dean, that means a lot 😁

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Thanks Aaron, nothing like rocking the battlefield with dino riding cavalry;)

    ReplyDelete