Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, May 14, 2021

MA.K Maschinen Krieger 15mm

 Slave 2 Gaming, a small company with a big vision for the Maschinen Krieger universe (aka S.F.3.D.) has recently released several of the models in 15mm scale for gaming purposes. SF3d as I have known it since the 1980's had to change the name to MA.K or Maschinen Krieger for legal reasons back in the 90's, but that's beyond the scope of this article. 

I have to say that I have NOT done anything in 15mm scale in years. Seriously, years! I'm getting to old to paint anything less than 28mm scale and still be able to see it and enjoy painting the subject. The difference here is that most of the models are in Powered Armor, and on top of that Slave 2 Gaming did an excellent job in sculpting these little gems. They say they are in the works to continue to add to the line, and I certainly hope they do so. It has something of a niche following, but has never gone away. The problem they may have is that this has been mostly a modelers realm in 1/20 scale models, with the odd few in different scales, but definitely a modelers hobby. 

Science fiction miniature fans may know little about this Sci-Fi themed subject, but I hope they are able to reach out to those that game and are successful at getting interest so they continue to make more stuff. Of course that is me being selfish for my own wants, as I will buy every single thing they release. So everyone buy this stuff now! 

Right now there is no specific set of rules for these miniatures, but Gruntz seems to be the rule set of choice. I bought a copy after purchasing these miniatures and have to say there not bad. I even bought the tactical cards to add a bit of flavor. You'll have to come up with your own unit stats, but the Slavers and a small fan base are working on that. So that should not hold anyone back. 

Ordering from Australia (where the company is based) to the US can be a pain, but that has nothing to do with the wonderful customer service that this company provides. It's the getting stuck in the pipeline trying to get it on board a plane to US because of Covid restrictions. This is something I am sure you all can understand. But trust me you will get it. 

I've corresponded with Drew (I believe the owner of company?) and I must say he gives pretty darn good customer service.

Anyways, here is my first batch of models painted. It's the Gustav powered armor suit, and the unit name I have given it is the Sundowner's.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, this is not post WWII, or weird war or anything like that. This is actually where WWIII has happened, earth gets abandoned by the main players, starts to heal herself up with the few people left, and then the people who left come back and...... you'll just have to read the story about and;)





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


12 comments:

  1. Very clean and crisp brushwork on these, Kevin. I like the color combination too. They look larger than 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, they do indeed, wait till you see the armored walker!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I like the bases which really complement the figs. The helmet visors make the figs stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I’m getting better at jeweled affect.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. I would have sworn that they were 28s.....
    very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anton, I’ll have to post a 28 next to it for scale purposes.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great figures painted evocatively! Lovely work, Kevin. Hope you get to use them in action very soon.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, yep my plan is to do a skirmish size force for both sides. Hopefully soon:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Just found this site. Do you do any old school Traveller or Striker gaming? Nice job on the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveller/Striker many moons ago. I was fascinated back in those days with the Zhodani race, especially the commandos. I used to have 15mm figs from Martian Metals but their molds where destroyed in a fire and they never recovered from that.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. They would be kind of "ho-hum" except for the visor blue and your excellent shading work. Someone said they were "crisp and clean" and I must agree!

    15mm??? Are you crazy?? At your age? With those eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Skip, 15mm? Yes! Are you crazy? You know the answer to that one already, lol. At your age? Hey, let’s not get personal here;) With those eyes? Yes indeed, if not for 2.5 reading glasses I would never have succeeded, but it was still tough.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete