Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Rangers of Shadow Deep, my Ranger

 Well I haven't been blogging lately, no excuse, just saying. I've been working hard on trying to kick some Genestealers out the door for a Space Hulk commission. I hate them so bad I took a break a couple of weeks ago and painted up my Ranger for Rangers of Shadow Deep. 

The Ranger is suppose to represent me on the table top and of course I had to pick a cool mini that looks exactly like I do..... at least in my dreams;) Anyways here he is along with one of his companions that will go on adventures with him, his loyal Dire Wolf. I'll have to come up with stats for him, but it's a pretty cool mini.

The miniatures are from Dark Swords Game of Thrones line. 






As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


14 comments:

  1. You look amazing as a Ranger. Great job!! The mini even has hair. How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, unlike us (hair) lol.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. That is one big mofo dog. I think you should call them Hansel and Gretel (Gretel being the dog of course). Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a Fabulous idea, while I won’t call the Dire Wolf Gretel, I am so using those names in my Ranger company!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Good work there! They look great together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude... it looks JUST like you!! Hehe.

    Your choice and arrangement of colors was quite creative. Nice castings that are really nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To get a great review from you and it not be a historical figure, great compliment indeed! Thanks Skip:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Nice work on both of these, Kevin. The basing is also very cool - kind of like statuettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Dean, the bases that came with figures are lead, so I glued them on top of bases to prevent bending, and then thought these would make great rocky terrain, and I kept add on bases in color scheme to bring out the rock painting I did. The purple and white flowers are the extra oomph it needed.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Excellent looking figure! I'm sure he's a great likeness too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I’ve slightly less hair now a days;) Thanks for the compliment on painting and stopping by for a look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete