Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Director Orson Krennic

 God do I hate doing faces. I am not happy with how the face came out on this one, but being a 3D print I wasn't about to attempt stripping it and starting over again. Holding it at arms length it looks good and gives me the impression I want to present on the gaming table. Now I only have to paint up six Death Troopers for him. 

What a great opening scene in the movie Rouge One, right off the bat I liked this guy. His ambitions are high but unfortunately for him he has the Tom Brady of the Universe to compete against (Darth Vader). 

I love the the sculpt of this figure. Too bad I am not a higher level painter to bring out what's in my head to my hand, as this figure deserves it.


Above the scene that set the tone for the entire movie for me.


Below my best at the moment. To infinity and beyond for my next attempt at doing faces.




As always thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kevin


15 comments:

  1. What a great job! Face came out well and accents the rest of the figure well. Excellent technique on cape!! Thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your too kind sir, thank you though.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Looks great Kevin. Well done.
    Have to watch our backs in Core Space with this guy, his Guards, and the Juggernaut running around !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, about that Alan, I am going to paint up the Death Troopers as well to have them running around with him in Core Space. That way my dice will be blessed;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. He looks awesome. The face is very well done. I like the shading around the cheekbones and the level of detail in his facial expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, you should have seen me earlier in the day when I made a mistake with the blue eye and covered have the right side of his face. I had it perfect till then and I could just about have spit after that.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
    2. Oh, I can see you Kevin, throwing it across the room like a BAD dice roll. Just like the other day ...
      Thankfully, your calm, clear head prevailed !!
      hahahaha

      Delete
  4. Absolutely lovely (as always), but why do Bad Guy commanders always wear a "Shoot Me First" outfit; Vader surrounded by white-clad storm-troopers but wearing black, this guy surrounded by guys in black and he is wearing white.......they are just begging the sniper to drop them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I never thought of that, excellent point!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Nice brushwork as always, Kevin! Individual character figures always need more TLC than rank and file figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I know I can do better, but he will do for what I need him for.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. I think he looks great! Agreed very good character too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, it’s caused me to watch the movie for like the eighth time now;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Great work as always Kevin.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete