Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Freeblades game report

 Got a chance to play a game face to face yesterday. 57 degrees and sunny skies, perfect weather for an outdoor adventure.

My buddy came over and we played a skirmish fantasy game called Freeblades. Urdagger (a Conan like barbarian force) vs my partly painted Eclipse (a Amazon like force). 

My friend has only played a couple of games, and I one demo game at Adepticon way back (in the old days when we had a thing called conventions) in 2019. It was mostly a learning game, just feeling out the rules, and more an excuse to get together for human companionship.

It was worth it. I have posted a few pictures below of our experience. The 6 sided die shows the turn number we were on.

[Below first face to face game of the year 2021]







While the game was slow only because we were learning, we could see the merits of the game and that it will play faster after we get comfortable with the rules. Definitely looking forward to more play.

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin








8 comments:

  1. What a good day for it too! Game looks like a bunch of fun. Cheers Uncle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet, something I may lean more into for future. Low foot print for what you need to play, so affordable as well.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Any face to face game is great fun! A face to face with Rob makes for a great day!

    And I see bowmen on the table!! It's almost like historical!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! I love playing against Rob cause his dice usually let me win;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Glad you two had fun. Balmy Michigan spring weather at 57F. I'm sure you guys just put on shirts and jackets for the camera but actually played shirtless for the remainder of the afternoon in order to soak up that torrid Michigan sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, how did you know? Though shirtless with my pasty skin would have alarmed the next door neighbor kids, and that would not have been a good thingšŸ¤£

      Delete
  4. Nice outdoor gaming, Kevin! I hope to get some ftf gaming in later this year - in fact, I'm getting vaccinated tomorrow which should make it safer to mingle again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude that’s awesome. It does give peace of mind for sure. Get my 2nd in two weeks.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete