Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, March 19, 2021

Freeblades: Nightwhisper

 DGS Games on International Women's day had a sale for all there Lady figures. How could I resist these nicely sculpted 32mm miniatures for a Fantasy skirmish game. 

After painting Genestealers for a commission I am almost done with, I needed to reboot for a minute. So today I spent the day painting one of my favorite Freeblade ladies in the Nightwhisper. Such a cool name, and the rule of cool is what I follow to paint.

Here's a quick blurb on her from the site:

"A Nightwhisper is one of the most dangerous weapons in the arsenal of the Eclipse. These highly skilled archers know every street, alley and rooftop in the teeming cities of their birth. Impossibly elusive, they might be responsible for the deaths of more Traazorite notables than any other member of the rebellion. Imperial Ravagers do not try and take them captive, they have a standing kill on sight order."

The Eclipse is the name of the rebellion where the women are basically putting their collective feet down and demanding their due rights.

I figured out the colors I wanted, and didn't just copy the art work like I usually do, and I found this tough. At first I thought I was going to have to strip it or throw it away and start all over again, but I changed a few colors and now I am most partial to it.

So without further ado, here it is and I hope you like it.




As always thanks for stopping by.

Cheers

Kevin

12 comments:

  1. Nice color selection. I like the grassy base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, it was a nice change up after painting purple on 23 genestealers.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Lovely brushwork and basing, Kevin! Very impressive blending of the greens on the cape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, I need to push the blending a bit more, but I am happy with it.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Lovely finish on a really nice model, you'll be waving goodbye to the genestealers really soon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain for your visit and praise, yes those genestealers are almost there. I will place pictures of them and the party I have when complete😉

      Delete
  4. Great color choice. Excellent model as well. Love the action poses. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, appreciate the love.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Beautiful paintwork as always, Kevin!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaron! Buddy! Glad to see you out and about! Thanks for the kudos:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete