Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Showcase: Commissioner Gordon (The Batman Miniatures Game)

Well I finished Commissioner Gordon today and I am happy with how he turned out. Didn't go to fancy, but I did change one thing after a friend commented he looked like he was wearing bluejeans. He may wear those at home relaxing with the family, but as a detective I am sure he wears a decent suit or at least dress pants. I was trying to go for a blue, but changed it to grey instead. I think you will see by the pictures below that he at least looks the part of a detective... dress wise.

Hope you enjoy the pics, and I am one more model closer to having a batman game go down.




As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

EDIT:

The comic book man himself

12 comments:

  1. Awesome job. The fig does look remarkably like the comic character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, an excellent compliment:) Exactly what I was going for in the comic book look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Very nice... What rules are you planning to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Gary, it's the Batman Miniatures game from Knight's Models. They used to do all the Marvel stuff but lost the license or something like that. Now they have a license for the DC stuff. It's basically a skirmish game done at night time, with around 8 figures per side played on a 3 X 3 table. It's not just a shoot'em up, there are objectives to be had in the different scenarios offered throughout the book.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Really nice Kev. Nice touch on the vest too, the white was a good choice. Honestly though... I did like him in bluejeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it wasn't supposed to be blue jean looking so after I started looking around at subject I realized I needed to change the color of pants. So thanks Skip, and thanks for noticing the other little details. Not much to get excited about like you would with all the detail on Harley for instance, but everybody can't have fancy dress.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Cool figure, Kevin. At first glance, Johnny Rivers' "Secret Agent Man" popped in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret agent man, secret agent man
      They've given you a number and taken away your name...

      Wearing my sunglasses and my 1960's hippy custom, I am sitting at my table snapping my fingers and saying cool daddy, cool.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking figure, I think it was a good shout to change the trouser colour,he looks spot on now!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and glad I did, looks way cooler.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Very nicely done, a dynamic pose and a great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, he was definitely easier to paint than Harley.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete