Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, April 20, 2018

SWAT team and Commissioner Gordon (The Batman Miniatures Game)

Well I finally finished up three more good guys for Batman. Three SWAT members, though I am still working on Gordon. Man I am chomping on the bit to get enough figures and buildings done so I can finally sit down and play the game.

I sprayed Krylon's Crystal Clear on first. This is a gloss varnish type, and when dry, I used Testor's Dulcote to take off some of the gloss so there is just a bit of sheen to it. I was going to hit it again with Dulcote but decided against it for now. One thing I have been doing lately is not letting the dulcote get on the base of the figure so it is glossy. I like the look.

You'll note I painted SWAT on the back of their bullet proof vests. It's the best my shakey hands could do. I was going to paint big block SWAT letters on front of shield one was carrying but it came up so crappy I gave up and wiped it off and painted over it. Sigh. I'll need to get some decals or make a template. I will do this, but it will be another day.

Last picture is of my work in progress with Gordon himself.

Alpha SWAT member 





Bravo SWAT member






Delta SWAT member





Batman's right hand man, Commissioner Gordon


Thanks for looking
Cheers
Kevin

12 comments:

  1. You are having WAY too much fun with this Batman stuff! Back to "serious" wargaming right now!๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hold on, I haven't painted up Joker yet to make this a very serious wargame, he's in the pipe, don't worry.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Kevy Baby!

    WTF? This is only going to work if you have a Batman for every incarnation. Please paint up a Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, and Ben Affleck version and post immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe you know me better than that, Christian Bale painted up... check. Various other Batman's in my possession... check.

      I am a slloooowww painter, but then you knew that already:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Hehe... you go Joe! And Anton; you are correct!!!

    They do look good though. But Gordon, in blue jeans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not quite Skip, they will end up being police pants blue, a new color I am making up on the go:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Nice additions, Kevin. The SWAT looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, appreciate that.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Na na na na na na na na...

    Still looks like you're having fun there, Kevin!

    How far off game time are you?

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That sir is a very, very good question. I hope to be able to put it all on the table by end of Summer. But you never know with me, some shiny object will come along and I'll go ooh and ahh, and I will start painting something else. Hopefully I can stick to it.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete