Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, April 13, 2018

WIP: Commissioner Gordon and SWAT team and Harley Quinn Thug (The Batman Miniatures Game)

Work coming along on another Harley Quinn Thug for her crew, and I put together Commissioner Gordon and SWAT team set. For the SWAT member with shield and Pistol I decided to pin the arms. While not hard putting these together it was still not easy. The arms on the other two SWAT and Commissioner Gordon were molded as a set and you had to glue them onto the miniature. While at first I thought this was a good idea, it ended up not. The metal is pretty stiff so once you slipped the arms over the body it was a bitch to pinch them together to fit properly on shoulders. But I managed it and I must say I like the Gordon set. Good poses and nice sculpts. Knights Models has released their new resin line, but I have to say I like metal better.

Here's where I am at the moment.



Cheers
Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive camo work on the pants, Kevin. All of the figures are great looking sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I got a chance to put prime on the Gordon team today. Excited to paint the boys in blue.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete