Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Showcase: Infinity: Nomad..... REAKTION ZOND (HMG)

Last week a friend of mine told me about a group of Infinity players that were meeting up at a local brick and mortar store. He said he was going so I said what the heck I'll go too. There were only a few people of about a dozen or so of the group that evening, but who I met seemed like pretty good Joes. So I sat down and watched two of the veteran players play a game to learn some things, and to google at their finely painted miniatures.

It ended up being a pretty good evening and my friend and I are excited about the potential of gaming with some friendly guys that share our interest in Infinity. 

Soooo..... that brings me to my post today. My friend and I are meeting the group tonight and bringing our little collection of cool looking mini's with us. We both know we are going to get our asses handed to us, but we don't mind as long as we are learning and no one is taking it too seriously. I think we will be fine. But I'll report on our adventure in the coming days to let you know how it went down.

So going over my list I decided to paint a remote (robot type thing) for my list as I felt it was necessary to have him, well maybe not a winning piece to place on the board, but it looks soooo pretty. Pretty can win can't it?

Here are a few shots of my new lad joining the Nomad hordes.

Below the deadly Reaktion Zond that has superior reaction skills paired with a deadly HMG (heavy machine gun)


As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

17 comments:

  1. Good luck! Pretty can win only with good brains😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like a veteran Infinity player😉

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Now you definitely sound like a veteran Infinity player!!!

      Thanks for good wishes😁

      Delete
  3. Truly a cool looking miniature, and a lovely paint job as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anton and hopefully the paint job will turn into plus one bonus for my die rolls🤣😂🤣

      Delete
  4. You wrote; "HMG (Heavy Machine Gun)" Explaining what HMG stood for.

    And that was the only part of this that I fully understood! Hehe! My neighbor has something that looks a lot like that in his backyard... I barks at me.

    Honestly Kev, it looks way cool! Nice paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm... "IT" barks at me. Dang T!

      Delete
    2. Your too funny, thanks Skip.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Nicely painted. Beware! If your troops throw a grenade it may try to retrieve it and bring it back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that’s possible, I’ll just get close enough with it to enemy so when they throw grenades it brings it back to them😮

      Thanks Dave

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Looks great and, most importantly, have fun!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, and I lost but did have fun and played well.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Great looking ‘bot! Good luck with the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steven, I had so much fun, when I got home I ordered more figures!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  8. Great looking robot dog! Have fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete