Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

WIP: Three more colors applied, and the Saurus Knights start to take shape.

Well so much for my speed painting, things are slowing down now as I start to pick out the details. Though the green applications did go faster with the rattle can and then dry brushing. It did save me some time.

Today I applied the gold around necks (they'll eventually look Aztec like after a brown wash and some highlights), brown on the saddle furniture, and bone color on the claws etc I stayed away from doing the teeth as I have other work to do around those massive jaws and the teeth have to be last

My granddaughter has the flu, so tomorrow I may not get a chance to paint as I'll have to don my hazmat suit and go watch her for a bit while her parents continue about their lives trying to make a living. But Friday we are supposed to get yet another snow storm and have 5 to 9 more inches dumped on us. So after doing some snow clearing I hope to come back to it Friday.

One thing that has turned out good is when I head to bed and lay there awake thinking about how I will tackle the next step in the process I get sleepy and pass out. No counting sheep, no pills, I'm like I have got to figure out a way to bottle this process and sell it to the masses. An excellent way to produce income to buy more figures, or actually hire someone to do this whole thing for me so I can just game. Brilliant!


Well that's it for today.

Cheers friends
Kevin

10 comments:

  1. Looking really good. What a top man you are to go and do nursing duties. Your grand daughter is a lucky girl and will be able to carry that sense of being loved and cared for all her life. That is a pearl beyond price.

    Cheers!
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron:) If you only knew how bad I am at being a germaphobe, it’s taking great courage to ride with the 600 into the valley😷

      Delete
  2. Lizards are coming along nicely. I’ve been using that method to get to sleep for years, no patent applied for though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....darting out the door to apply this very moment!

      Cheers Steven
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Great progress Kevin! Still some nasty colds going around ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay, and yes it seems all kind of viruses are floating about. It doesn’t help when most of the population here are stuck indoors, unless your a snowshoe, or sking type person.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I do like the colors more than I thought I would.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Great looking cold ones, is this speed painting then? One of the benefits of the hobby is its ability to send one to sleep, listing toy soldiers in my case!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's a good one too. Like counting sheep;) Count what you have or want to have!

      Thank you, and as it's turning out, it only turned out to be speed painting for the base colors. There just seems to be one more thing I want to do to them:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete