Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, February 5, 2018

Age of Sigmar..... seriously?

Well yes. Who doesn't like the idea of having a fantasy dinosaur army. Way back when (Warhammer Fantasy 5th or 6th edition) I actually owned a Lizardmen army (dinosaurs), and I've been hearing about Age of Sigmar and how the Generals Handbook has made this a fun and simple system to play again.

So why not. I've been completely drained for the last month. I can't even tell you what I've been doing other than trying to avoid getting the flu. So if dinosaurs is what it takes to get me painting, okay then, I'll have a go.

The Lizardmen army is now called the Seraphon Army. When the end of the world came they launched space ships into space and became celestial. Whatever, they are now dinosaurs that get painted in brighter colors basically. Like celestial stars, so bright. I'm not so much into the fluff as I am into what looks really cool.

My buddy Skip has taught me that if you can buy it cheap, go for it. So when I saw a super sweet deal for some Saurus Knights on Ebay, I bought them. I then skipped over to my local crack house, er I mean hobby shop, and bought a rattle can of Caliban Green to help me try out some speed painting. I don't want to spend a lot of time making these look super sweet, I want them done yesterday so I can game. But like all my projects it probably won't get down until the next leap year. You never know though unless you try. So I am trying, and we'll go from there.

Here is a picture of the group sprayed painted and a black wash applied. I am going to paint all the Cold Ones (these are the mounts for the Saurus dudes) and then when finished paint the riders.

...and here are a couple of shots of a painted up test figure. Mind you I still have to put a few details and touch ups before it's finished but it will give you the idea.


Well that's it for now, I am off to watch the first "Jurassic Park" movie;)

Cheers
Kevin


6 comments:

  1. Very cool and inspiring, Kevin. This may be a shot in the arm for me,as I'm in another one of my painting slumps. A dino warband would be cool for Dragon Rampant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it. With your excellent dip method you should crush this and have an army in no time!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Looking sweet, Kevin! And that's your quick paint job? Man, I hope you're kidding :D

    Cheers, and a cool project to start the year off with.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, you got me blushing. Maybe I should say a hopefully faster way for me, which is basically going from 1st gear to 2nd;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. The test model looks brilliant - I’d be really happy to have something like that as a speed-painted army. I look forward to seeing your progress on these models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven, I'm about to sit down and try keeping the pace up. I'll post as I go along. Maybe it will keep me to stay on task.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete