Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Yamagata Masakage Cavalry unit for Saga

Okay with CincyCon in just a few days you all know by now that I placed my Saurus Knights on back  burner and I've been working in a chaotic environment the last few days (baby sitting grand kids, a dog, etc.) trying to finish these last couple of Samurai Cavalry for the game I am going to present.

I am leaving tomorrow and I am pleased to annouce that I actually finished them today! Yeah me! Seal coated and all.

I am also showing the figure I presented a few days ago with a finished base. The Samurai Cavalry I chose to paint are part of Yamagata Masakage's clan. Though I had already finished the sashimono's in a cream color thinking I was going to paint them something else. So you will forgive me if they don't show a white mon on a black background. But time was a factor as well as decal choices for mon, so change-o presto I will call it artistic license;)

Here are the photo's:

First up are my boys rocking it in a wild charge (images and sounds in Japanese of Hold the line! Hold the Line!, think of the movie Gladiator)!

Next up a few shots at different angles




...and lastly the figure I showed a few days ago that I was going to use as a proxy figure for a sub general on his finished base.




Off to CincyCon I go, I will try to take some pictures of games down there.

Cheers
Kevin

5 comments:

  1. Kev, you are the MAN! The Hearth Guard look GREAT and the "Leader" figure is SWEET! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Skip! It was a blast today at convention to come from behind for a win! You took it like the true gentleman you are.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Thank you Aaron, still at the show. When I get back I’ll post some blurry battle pictures (the lighting in hall would not cooperate).

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking samurai cavalry, gorgeous!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I hope to post an AAR soon after I’ve recovered from my travels this past convention weekend.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete