Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

WIP: Age of Sigmar Saurus Knights

I am bleeding green. Two colors dry brushed on (though I will have to get in there with a liner to sharpen them) and eyes added to 14 more to make my 15. Tomorrows goal will be to finish the Horse/Dino furniture and the collars etc. I am trying not to think to far ahead so as to get discouraged, like building up the bases as little vignettes. Then building, priming, painting riders, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I tried to see if my Perry Samurai would fit on top and there is no way. That would have been a hoot to show up to a game and place them down and say oh yeah, these are the Red Devils, or Green in this case.

Cheers
Kevin

8 comments:

  1. That was quick - you certainly don’t hang about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not what usually happens, but I am trying to stay on top of the ball while interest is peaked. I am usually doomed when it wanes.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. OK. So I went looking for "Age of Sigmar" stuff. Just to humor myself. GAMES WORKSHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH-NO! I immediately left the page and did a virus scan. Crossed myself and said 5 "Hail Mary's" (You see, I've heard about GW)

    Hmmmmmm, nothing bad happened. Now I'm wondering if it was the virus scan or the Hail Mary's that saved me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip your too funny, hahaha, there was a day I felt that way about GW as well. It's amazing how high priced they are, but people keep buying them, so I guess there not too high priced.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Kevin, those are simply lovely (and might be the start of a REALLY interesting Blood Bowl team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AR, but let's not get carried away, though I have had an interest in checking Blood Bowl out.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. They're looking great; love that green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, three colors of green applied to get the look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete