Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, September 6, 2024

Russian WWI early war infantry

 I painted these up for Anton and at his request I did not do the bases. I am a firm believer in the mantra faces, bases, and banners. That's what makes the figure look good. So forgive the bases not being done, but he wanted to match stuff he's already done.

Russian uniforms during this period (color wise) were all over the place. Different manufactures, different dyes, and of course lots of fading on campaign. So I went with a photo that came from a book of people actually dressed up in the period uniform. This is my version of that.

Now I only have 46 to go... sigh...



As always thanks for looking. 

Cheers

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! Lovely work as always! I feel like I am coming out ahead on this exchange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anton, hopefully in real life they look just as good to you.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete