Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

 No this is not about Sergio Leone Western masterpiece. This is about my psycho, just over one year old, Shitzu. 

I had just painted up three NASA astronauts, three Russian astronauts, and was in my hobby room laser focused on building a lunar vehicle when I heard my little lad chomping away in corner. I was so focused I thought he was chewing one of his toys. Then he disappeared and soon after my Wife walked into my hobby room and handed me what you see in this picture. Somehow my foam tray of painted astronauts ended up on the floor upside down in the corner. Fortunetatly the way I pack them only one fell out. Of course he found it and decided it was an excellent chew toy. The head, arms, moon rock, and most of upper torso are gone. 

After having lost three other non painted models to the BAD, I thought I had learned my lesson and had model security under control. NOPE!

Though I swore a few times, no animals were hurt while going through this episode.

But mannnnn, it’s sooooo hard loving this cute faced dog sometimes.





Today I am assembling a replacement and hope to have it painted by weekend😞


As always thanks for looking.


Cheers

Kevin




11 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking......
    Perhaps you can recycle it as a casualty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m thinking a trip with them to Springfield OH. I’m kidding of course. Could have certainly been worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, I am lucky none of the others spilled out.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Oh my, the poor figure got mauled. Thankfully, he was ingested by the little dude. So cute, you just can't stay mad at them long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Right! Another learning experience for sure.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Oh the horror! Sorry for your loss.
    My dog would not be safe from retribution!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a better man than I.

    In the old days there were consequences for a dog... when it ate a "LEAD" casting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, indeed, I remember those days. When you could get lead poisoning just from handling the figures. Ah the good ole days.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete