Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Carthaginian War elephants, the Tiger Tanks of Antiquity

Wow! I finished my first 16 models for the Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal back in January 2021! Unbelievable! 

Since then I finished one War Elephant in early 2023, and just today finished a second War Elephant for the Army. 

Over the past few days I've assembled 12 light infantry, 8 warrior cavalry, and a Warlord for the army. I've completed placing media on the bases and have them all primed and ready to paint. That will give me the six points I need to play a game, but my goal is to paint two more units of 8 cavalry each, and two more units of 8 warrior infantry each. I've been wanting to finish these forever but other projects always seem to get in the way. Like painting up a Macedonian Army, Franks, and Byzantines for one friend, 24 WWI Russians for another, and around 10 or 12 models science fiction models along with around 56 WWII Bolt Action Soviets for yet another. Plus two Saga Armies for myself, but hey who's counting.

Here are a few shots of the finished one, along with a shot of the two completed ones together.






As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


1 comment:

  1. Please tell me that the fancy stuff on the sides of the howdahs are decals. If not I'm burning my brushes!

    ReplyDelete