Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Blacksite Studios: Lunar

 Well I knocked out three more Astronauts for the Soviets, and three for NASA. This is for a game called Lunar by Blacksite Studios, and is based on the idea that the Russians beat the US to the Moon. If you watch Apple TV's "For all Man Kind" you'll get the gist. Oh and if you haven't watched it, why not? It's an awesome show.

I also had this Soviet Lunar Lander since April of 2023 and decided to put it together and paint it up. Had to really clean it up. There were parts broken, and I had to re-drill out holes for components to fit. But I've had it for almost two years now so I can't do much about it now, plus it's out of print and only available as an STL. Kevin don't do STL's. The shield on top that protects the cameras had a good size chunk broken off, and it was missing. Probably not broken off, just a misprint. I fixed that with some plastic strut. Not perfect, but it suits my gaming needs. I've painted the base coat metal and could leave it like that, but I will give it a heavy black wash, followed up with some highlighting of main color, and then on to picking out some other components and placing some color on those. It's majority metal color. So it shouldn't take me to long to complete. I ordered one of those eight inch across Christmas project wooden disc's to place it on as the model is rather fragile. 

Here are a few snaps.







As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin





 

2 comments:

  1. What nice job!! And such a cool game. Everything looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lander looks so very Soviet!
    Paint? NYET!
    The metal finish looks great.
    The astro/cosmo/naunts are excellent. The bulky clumsy suits captures the era very well. The perfect final touch would be to play under a single 500 watt light bulb

    ReplyDelete