Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, August 30, 2024

Battletech: 2nd Legion of Vega

 Well I started to place base coats on some WWI Russians, thinking I would be painting like 30 I got 70, and as slow as a painter as I am, it got in my head and I was like nope. So I set them aside for the moment. 

Well humidity, 4000 dollars in medical bills that insurance companies refused to pay, and yadda, yadda, yadda also had something to do with it. So I decided to do some feel good painting and painted up four mechs for Draconis Combine. I did what would be considered a penal unit in the 2nd Legion of Vega. 

Even though it was something I wanted to paint, I still struggled and it took me two weeks. Mostly because of the crappy weather bumming me out, and all the phone calls I had to make to hickory, dickory, dock to appeal the billing, which in the end looks like I am going to win. So here I am today. Starting to snap out of my feel sorry for myself and get off of the couch and stop watching useless TV. 

So for now here are a few shots of my boys.



As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Sorry to hear of your run of harsh luck, stay strong my friend

    ReplyDelete