Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, April 21, 2023

Aristeia! The Game: Padre-Inquisidor Mendoza

The third of four addition to my crew is Padre Mendoza. He has several different models to represent him and I chose this one because I like the "I am totally a badass" look. His story below...

Juan Diaz Mendoza. Father-Inquisitor—what else could we possibly say about him that wasn’t already said in the trailer for the third installment of his biopic?

His legend was forged in flames on the most dangerous battlefields of the emerald hellscape, the ironically named planet, Paradiso. Nothing could be further from paradise than its jungles, teeming with the galaxy’s most aggressive alien races amassed by a maniacal Evolved Artificial Intelligence intent on exterminating humankind.

But, where anyone else would have given up, his unwavering faith kept him strong.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed am I who shepherd the weak through the valley of darkness, for I am the true keeper and protector. And I assure you that I will strike down with great vengeance and burning anger those who would attempt to destroy my brothers!”






As always thanks for looking!

Cheers
Kevin


 

6 comments:

  1. He turned out quite well. I am sure he will get a lot use in the arena. As always great paint job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint! Excellent choice of colors. Great detail. You are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you sir for those kind words sir, may your brush hand remain steady and your vision sharp (a painter’s blessing😉)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Very nice figure and brushwork, Kevin. I like the medium blue color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, it's a mix of Dark Prussian Blue and a Blue Green.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete