Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Blacksite Studios: Lunar

 So back in May of 2022 I picked up the game Lunar from Blacksite studios. Basically it's alternate history, Soviet Union places a man on the moon first, and then shortly after NASA gets there. Then there is conflict, and away we go. 

Game is played on a 2 X 2 mat, has cards for Astronauts and equipment to fit them out. When I got it I thought a friend of mine would want to play it and basically was told no. So the game went into my closet of 'something that may happen one day", and has sat there ever since. 

Then enter my friend, will call him Mr. R, who goes to Adepticon this past March. Mr. R, like most of us, saw some shiny things and went ooh ahh. Unfortunately for him the game Lunar was sold out in a day and he couldn't get it. 

When he came back he couldn't wait to tell me all about it, and I was like things that make you go hmmm. So I told him about the Apple TV show "For all Mankind" and in a week he binged watched the first season. Now he's all ooh ahh again.

So I decided to paint up my astronaunts of the CCCP and NASA and knocked them out yesterday and today. I still have to place the 20 individual decals across the helmet of the Soviets (C.C.C.P.) but Mr. R wanted pictures right now.

Sooooo...... here ya go, but first the video I made as a teaser for him.












As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin





6 comments:

  1. That looks like a very fun game. Amazing how fast you can pop things out. They look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, yet to play, I hope so.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. They look SO cool! I love that the USA are wearing the "white hats!" Nice flag too!!
    I'm assuming these are 10's or 15's? How ever do you fire a weapon in space without being blown backwards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are Heroic size, more like 32mm.

      Exactly! That's the fun of the game. The rules cover stuff like that. Your biggest worry is someone piercing your suit and then, as you know from reading the Martian, you need to start making oxygen choices;)

      Cheers mate
      Kevin

      Delete
    2. Wow! 32mm. I've never painted 32mm. How much bigger than the big 25/28mm do they seem?

      Delete
    3. You don't really notice until you place them side by side with other 28's. But then you can definitely tell how much larger.

      Delete