Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Aristeia! The Game: Kozmo!

 Aristeia! is a future gladiatorial based game based off the world of Infinity. The game has great mechanics and is fun to play, but it doesn't have a following in the US and pandemic struck down any kind of growth as it was released just before. It seems to still be going strong in Spain, but since the world has started coming back into normalcy Corvus Belli has really focused on releasing new models for Code One (Infinity simple) and Infinity.

The Expansion "Smoke and Mirrors" has a gladiator team that I really like because it has a robot. You know me, Dinosaurs and Robots, I just can't resist them!

Here is a post from Aristeia! about my little guy....

Nobody has ever caused such a stir setting foot in the HexaDome as Kozmo. Enveloped in smoke with his glistening jade armor covered in graffitilike a schoolyard wall, his first appearance of him was a sight like no one had ever seen before in the arena.

Noriko Ayase, Kozmo's creator and pilot, is an extremely brilliant recent grad from Tomari University who combines the enchanting innocence of a Japanese schoolgirl with the pragmatism of an engineer into her fine-tuned combat mecha.

Kozmo, her remote-piloted mech, exhibits the widest range of abilities since 8-Ball. And each time Norika unleashes one of them, they blast from his built-in speakers to the delight of the chanting HexaDome crowds.

But this aristo is just full of surprises, because the design of the current season's outfit is the result of a collaboration between Noriko and her kid sister Yue, another star in the making.

...and with that said here is the old design, and the newly created one, along with my finished work on the model.


[Below the standard Robot design]




[and now my humble attempt at painting the new design]





As always thanks for looking!

Cheers
Kevin






6 comments:

  1. Nicely done! The colors are awesome. I say you’ve hit your mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colors on this cool looking figure, Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I like the anime vibe a lot of these figures have.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Which came first? Great paint, you matched the colors perfectly. Or did the fellow drawing your model match your colors perfectly? Nice, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip, my model is the later version, I ended up copying scheme of original. The later version (one I did) was a very light gold with green glazing. I did not realize that until I was done. But I’m happy with mine.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete