Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, April 4, 2021

The evil that lurks in the dark, finished

 Yep, I finally summoned up enough mojo to place my personal projects aside and finished those Genestealers. In the end it wasn't so hard, just my heart is not into the subject matter as it once was. Oh I will play for sure, but just lack the conviction to paint and play. I have been in and out of 40K stuff so much I can't keep count. The only game I am currently involved in with Games Workshop is Adeptus Titanicus. Well at least until they put out another cool model.... no stop it... I will resist!

Anyways here are a few shots of what I did as living proof. I placed figures that would be more like the center pieces first, followed by the grunts.


[The Beast in Charge of all the rest]




[and the rest of the pack]








This leaves me with these last two figures to complete and I will be done, done. I am so looking forward to it. 


As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

12 comments:

  1. Yah... I am so looking forward to it too. Hehe.

    Anyway. The painting is good. Shading is excellent! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip, and no worries, historical’s are coming.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking miniatures, Kevin. The details are very impressive - from the top the head down to the basings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Dean, happy to have you stop by and look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Those are just awesome!!! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon they will be in your hands, and thank goodness.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great job. Wow, a lot of work there on those ornate bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, and yes there was, it was tough, but I made it.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Great work Kevin. You'd almost think you'd done this sort of thing before! Hope you're keeping well.
    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Aaron, Always a pleasure when you stop in sir. Doing fine, even though Michigan seems to be the epicentre of covid in US right now. Hope your family is doing well on your side of world:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete