Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Core Space: Crew of the ""Ion Hope"

 Greetings fellow Bloggers!

I painted up a Core Space crew for a friend this past week. Someone who I had told I would paint something else up a long time ago and never did. So this is kind of a make up. This is why I don't paint for people. My interests change faster than rabbits had babies on the Ark. That is just too much to keep interest in painting for someone else. Heck I can't keep up painting things for my own self. In fact during our "Great Isolation" it's becoming clear to me that while I enjoy painting, it's more like I enjoy painting a model. No quota's, no armies. Just paint a few models while I read a book about the period, or a story, and that I find inspiring. It's my way of immersing myself a little deeper into the subject by transporting myself into that time through the painting. Touching the model, seeing it in the real. Like I was there kind of thing. 

My hobby is a mish mash of several hobbies all together that feed off each other. I love to read, I love to board game, I love to miniature game. If one of these inspires me, then I use the others as props. Painting jumps into this. 

That said, it doesn't mean I have never hunkered down and painted an army of this or that to game with. But lately painting a figure/model gives me all the satisfaction I need. If that leads me to paint more on the subject... great! If not.... then on to the next subject.

That's just me. But enough rambling, here are the photos of the Ion Hope.

[Captain Arianna of the Ion Hope]



[Gak Arianna's gun man... brute]



[Roykirk the old man, soft spoken and wise]



[Tirgarde a youngster in it for himself but highly skilled and intelligent]


As always thanks for looking.

Cheers

Kevin

10 comments:

  1. These look excellent! Always a great job!
    Your friend is a lucky guy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, he should be picking them up this week:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Well done. I like the way these figures look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, Core Space line do have some cool retro feel to them.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. A nice grouping. 4 very different figures. I see how this bunch could hold your attention even though you are not much interested in the particular period any more.

    Nice shading on the captains cape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I see what you did there Skippy, but thank you. This project (Core Space) has a very low figure count. A dozen guys for bad guys, and basically your crew of four. The cool thing about it is it’s kind of modular in the sense that if I want to add something to it, I only have to paint four figures. Right now this is the miniature game of choice for me.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great looking figures, Kevin. I've also had quite a bit of changing interests. One constant is plastic kits, be they figures or models. I find gluing kits together therapeutic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. I just built some Victrix plastic Carthaginians and did not enjoy myself so much. But when I was building an Adeptus Titanicus kit it was the exact opposite. Getting in the zone in the right frame of mind I suppose.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Another lovely looking crew! Very nice, I find plodding away at lots of figures therapeutic, but it's different for us all!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure there is a sweet spot for everyone. Maybe for me it's that I am just getting old too? I don't know. Watch, next week I'll pump out a 100 and freak myself out, oh wait, I have never pumped out a 100 in a week, ever! Haha!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete