Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, August 10, 2020

Still shaking and baking...

Well I’ve not been idle, I have been painting, but only when I feel it. I’m slowly grinding out my Space Hulk commission, but to keep from losing my sanity over these very, very busy Blood Angles, I’ve been mixing it up painting my Ranger for the skirmish solo game Rangers of Shadows Deep. Also a huge beast for Freeblades as a gift for another friend.

Here are my in progress pictures...





As I move along in the process I’ll post some more. In meantime stay safe, and stay frosty.

Cheers
Kevin

8 comments:

  1. Awesome work on all of these, Kevin. That beast looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean. It's been fun painting the beast.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, though no promises for sure, but my vision of it completed hopefully will blow your socks off. I may stop painting soldiers and focus on monsters. It's been that much fun.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Awesome looking beast and the space marines are coming along nicely, oh and your Afghan terrain is something special!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, yeah the Termies are coming, I almost have the beast done. Hope to finish base in next few days. The Afghan terrian boards are very nice, but had to put them away to set up another game.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. The ranger will be a beautiful figure as it looks until now! The beast is great also..keep on...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be posting some more pics of the beast in a moment on another thread.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete