Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, August 17, 2020

Freeblades miniature the Ar-Grush

This beast is huge. I regret not taking a photo of a 28mm human to show just how beastly, but since I am not done the with base, I can do that later.

I thought about adding more highlights, but as I looked at it, I am kind of happy just the way it is. I tried to take pictures that showed off it's best characteristics, hopefully I've done so. I normally take angle and above,  so I did a few level shots as well.

Anyways, it's almost done, base materials, gloss coat, and than when that dries the old mat coat to finish the deal.






As always thanks for stopping by:)

Cheers
Kevin

14 comments:

  1. Very nice brush work, frightful monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anton, I think I like painting animal like monsters. Beats painting Nappy:)

      Delete
  2. Wow what a beast. I love the detail. What a monster. I can’t wait to face this beast together with you. We will win together or die together. Unless one of runs away. Humm?
    Excellent work to be proud of!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your the most important person this matters to, cause he/she will be your little pet;)

      Delete
  3. I see 5 different shades of brown! Amazing paint!!

    I might have gone with black instead. With a white stripe down its back, NOW THAT would have added another whole level of terror!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip, I see where your going, but this ones defense is big claws, teeth, and bad breath;)

      Delete
  4. Okay,this guy is awesome. Big and bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beastly, he/she will be fun on the gameboard

      Delete
  5. Superb finish on the beast,it's excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, though I’ve stalled finishing the base. I’ll get there though.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Nice job! I like the mouth details.

    ReplyDelete