Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Freeblades Ar-Grush basing done

Well with all the time in the world, it sure didn't feel like that when it came down to choices for my time concerning painting etc. Just haven't been able to push over the hill. Last two days I was able to complete the basing and seal coat the Ar-Grush yesterday, and another coat today. In a few hours it will land in the happy hands of it's owner. Just a few space marines and gene stealers to go and my painting time will be all mine. Lot's of I want to do this stuff, but as usual can't make up the mind as to which should get the most attention. Cross the bridge when I get there I guess.

In the meantime here is the final model, and the last photo I threw in a size comparison with another model of the same range. It truly shows how massive this beast is.





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Kevin - love the comparison shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I was lucky to still have a painted figure of the line, so you can truly see the size of this beast.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is indeed, especially when compared to a normal size human. Thanks:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Massive fig. Nice change of pace painting big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, plus the subject helped, I know I didn’t squint much while painting it;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete