Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Freeblades: The last three...

Well I was able to push through the last 3 models for a Freeblades commission for my friend. The hardest part of doing a commission is saying good bye to paint jobs that won't be going into your pile of completed figures. The one good thing is that I know they are going to a good home, and a permanent one at that. He will really like these models, and hopefully soon be able to play a few games with them.

So without further ado I present to you the Berserker, the Unproven, and last but not least the Hunter.

[Berserker]



[Unproven]



[Hunter]



As always thanks for stopping by

Cheers
Kevin

17 comments:

  1. The berserker looks like a primal "Logan". Very cool figure and I bet the owner will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I can see the story line about hmm (Logan) being in a parallel universe doing the wolverine thing.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!! These look beyond awesome. I just love the little details you add. Example: stitching on pants. Love it! You are a MASTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, they will look good in your collection.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Matt! Thanks for having a looksie, and thank you.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Sweet looking figures Kev. But how ever do you give them away after all that work? Whatever you were paid... it wasn't enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right buddy, you need to send him an email about that. Course he did fix my cabinet door that snapped in two for no cost. Perhaps I should let him slide on that, maybe even a discount next time..... wait, that's not happening I am only going to paint for myself now (curls up in a little ball and starts chanting only for myself, only for myself).

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Top Notch stuff there!
    They look menacing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed, thanks Anton!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Very cool character figures, Kevin. I like the Berserker - I could see him as a Celt/Druid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, and oh yes for sure, among other possibilities. Just have to remember that this is a 32mm figure.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Nice! I avoid at all costs deterring my focus from completing my own figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here! This one and the 37 figure project for someone else was a necessity at the moment monetarily for me. Otherwise no way, it's too hard just to paint for myself.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  8. Very nice figures! Great color palette and detail work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, always appreciate your input. Hopefully over the years you've seen improvement from me.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  9. Thank you sir, yours are next on deck!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete