Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Showcase: Infinity Dragon Lady, Imperial Service Judge

I successfully averted my disaster of dropping this figure and having it snap off at the ankle while being 95 percent completed. I was not a happy camper, but I was able to drill through her boot, and then drill into her calf and pin the two pieces together. So now that I have rescued the poor thing let's talk about her a little.

Imperial Service judges are high-ranking functionaries in service of the Emperor with an authority that inspires a great deal of reverence and dread. As such, they enjoy a social standing and influence comparable to that of mid- to high-ranking Party officials. This figure is aptly named by Corvus Belli as the Dragon Lady, Imperial Service Judge.

While painting my figures I always ask my Wife what she thinks, and I take her advice very seriously, more serious than she knows, but she's starting to figure out to make more gentle faces when she thinks what I am showing her is not so good. This time I had my ten year old grand daughter have a look and see what she thought. The first thing she said was, "why was the pig so angry?". I about fell out of my chair from laughter. We now call her pet pig, angry pig.

So here are my pictures of the now (finally) finished figure.




As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

4 comments:

  1. She came through her injuries looking quite well. The umbrella is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a close run thing but yes she came through, and thanks Dave.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Marvelous brushwork, Kevin. The patterns on the dress and parasol are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Parasol makes this model happen. Thanks Dean.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete