Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Mice and Mystics: Maginos

Maginos the mystic. When King Andon was desperate to find a way to confront the dragon horde in the early days of the Dragon Crusades, chance brought Maginos to the castle and he claimed the secret of Dragon slaying lay within the castle. Some thought the bearded man mad, but the King granted Maginos access to the keep. Maginos spent eight days there in the dusty catacombs, deciphering strange warding symbols etched in the walls. He broke those spells after great effort and revealed a vault filled with artifacts, scrolls, and tomes previously thought lost. It was there that Maginos discovered a powerful blade capable of dragon slaying, and thus the Kingdom was saved.

Thus begins Maginos tales........

Maginos is a nice compliment to our little group of adventurers, but I will probably end up running his character until the grand girls get a more solid grip on what to do in our little adventure. What I really like about Maginos is his little buddy Meeps. The lady bug looking fellow on his arm is quite a useful tool for Maginos magic abilities.




This leaves me with one last character to paint and that one is Nez, the castle smithy.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

7 comments:

  1. Cool figure, cool backstory, and cool paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, though credit for the story is from his card.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Lovely detailing,I really like the scroll in his tail and how you've painted his face.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I am having way more fun painting animal faces then human.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Very life-like, Kevin! Quite a charming figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! I ran out of steam, still have one more mouse to go.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a good July 4th and all's well, Kevin!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete