Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Mice and Mystics: Meet Tilda

From the Mice and Mystics game meet Tilda the Healer from a group of Mice that are trying to prevent an evil Sorceress from taking over their Kingdom.

A skilled healer, and when old enough, the King requested her to serve as the royal family's personal healer.

As I have mentioned before in previous posts (and I am ashamed to say way back in August of 2016), see Lilly, and Collin, I bought this game with the intention of playing it with my grand daughters. At the time they were just a bit too young to play, but they happily helped me paint a few mice.

This past Mother's day the girls decided that while their Mom was out doing her Mother day tradition stuff with her Mom, they asked if they could come over for a play date. I was like okay, and was stumped a bit on what game to play this time. So what the heck we just jumped into the game and started playing with unpainted figures. I know, the horror. We had a bit of a rough time starting out because I hadn't read the rules in a bit, and they became a little bored, but once we got going they had a lot of fun.

So now I am painting mice and the wicked sorceress's wicked minions. I got to do it. Unpainted figures.... I mean seriously. I was freaking out just a bit.

I've finished Tilda today and placed paint on the last three of the companions, though I have some evil Rats, roaches, and a Cave centipede to paint, those should breeze along a bit faster as I won't need to do as special of a job on them.

Here are a few photographs of Tilda, and one photograph of the three of six I have finished.




I gotta get'em done, so the next few posts will hopefully be of these cute little guys, and not something that catches my fancy in the meantime..... Squirrel!!!

Cheers
Kevin

10 comments:

  1. Nice work! You're an awesome grandpa!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Gramps!
    I suggest that in order to uphold the continuity of your blog these mice should be robotic or at least mutant/alien in some form or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, and Ha! I don't think the grand girls would go for that one.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Cool questing mice, Kevin. Great colors, and the eyes look very alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, you should see how the grand girls google over them.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Just in time for the new Osprey fantasy gadgets and burrows book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude you freaked me out, I actually looked to see if there was such a thing.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Nice looking fantasy mice folk!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, if you have a chance to play, it's a pretty cool Dungeon crawl like role play board game.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete