Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, August 19, 2024

A new terrain piece!

 Today is my birthday, but I celebrated it yesterday with my gaming friends. One of my very dear friends brought me a gift of a 3D print that he assembled and painted up. It is just drop dead gorgeous! Presents weren't required but I was very touched that he took the limited time he has for painting to do this very special project for me. 

Another friend brought me some cough medicine (Jack Daniels), most appreciated later of course. Lastly I got a card from another that was a parody on Star Trek. Not appropriate for the blog, but it was funny as hell.

Anyways I had a great time with my buds, and other than being chased into my garage due to weather a couple of times, the day was awesome.




As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


6 comments:

  1. What a great piece, and many happy returns for your birthday, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, and I do love this terrain piece!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Belated happy birthday! You got the coolest gifts indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, and yes indeed, I was quite happy.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Great looking hootch, Kevin. Love the wood color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, my friend did a really good job.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete