Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, November 13, 2023

Saga: Age of Crusade: Ordensstaat (Teutonic order)

Well I started this project back in October of 2022. Man does time fly. I worked on the Grand Master and his brothers (click on orange links to look at previous posts), then in March of 2023 I completed some Warrior armed with crossbow. I had then started working on some horses, but I never got anything but a base coat on them and they have sat on painting sticks since March. 

Well this week I finally got off my butt and finished those horse's along with their riders and I am pretty happy with how they came out. Trying to remember my paint used was a pain because I never wrote it down like I usually do, but eh. Now I have 24 Levy Infantry to paint and I will have a complete army, though I do want to paint a few more mounted so that I can have some options.










As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin




14 comments:

  1. Great work Kevin! Are they Fireforge figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed they are. I had to work at them a bit to make them not look so stiff.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Ah, marvelous Tectonic knights, Kevin. The yellow and red really pops and a great foil for the black and white colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I had to really search around for ideas and was inspired by a few photos and I came up with this. I am not the master of painting straight black lines though.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Excellent looking Teutonic knights, monochrome with pops of colour splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain they may not be historically accurate but it made it fun for me to paint.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Hot Dang! Historicals! WooHoo! Great job. Shields are sweet!

    So much white though, surely that will "trigger" one of your WOKE liberal comrades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like them when you saw they were the ones that crushed your ancestors, lol

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Oh those nasty Teutons. The heraldry looks great. Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, they were certainly a challenge, but I got them done.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete