Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Arena Rex: Atrox

 No fancy pictures here, just calling this done to the best of my current painting ability. I could do touch ups and tweak it a bit more but it looks good enough in my hand to play on table, so why take a chance and mess it up I ask. Well I asked myself because in the end that’s who it really matters to;) May it please the Gods when it enters the arena for his meal.

Atrox is like this God Tiger. I haven’t taken a photo of him next to a gladiator yet, but he is huge! Tomorrow I give him a gloss coat and later a mat one and it will be finished. Once that’s done I will try and take a photo next to a gladiator.








As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin



9 comments:

  1. That critter looks awesome. I like the color of the stripes. Great blending on the body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, the first stripe attempt was so stark in contrast it made my eyes bleed and I had to soften it up.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Oooh! The colors and stripes are amazingly realistic, Kevin! Great sculpt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, there were times when painting it I thought I wouldn't get there.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. That head on shot is amazing! Reminds me of my "Detroit Tigers" logo. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip! Makes you wanna move back home don't it!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Thats one BIG cat!
    Supreb work on the stripes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anton, it was definitely something different than I was used to.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete