Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Adeptus Titanicus madness over takes me!!!

 Okay so I haven't posted in a bit, just haven't had the mojo to do so. That does not mean I have been idle, well sort of, but not completely.

So some of you know I am painting mini's for a Space Hulk commission that I just can't seem to wrap my painting focus completely on. In fact I am almost done with the Terminator Librarian and just needed a break. I so happened to watch one of my favorite Youtube channel hero's in Ash Barker of Guerrilla Miniature Games who just did a recent vid on playing a game of Adeptus Titanicus. That's all it took, I dropped what I was doing, pulled my Warlord Titan off the shelf that has not had any love for eight months and went to work on it. I completed it yesterday, and I have to say I had a blast doing it. In fact it's got my painting juices going again and I now think I can turn back to my Space Hulk project refreshed and focused... that's the plan anyway.

Here are a few pictures of the process and then the final pictures follow of it completed.


[below in progress shots]









 [Below completed shots]





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


8 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I really like the plate effects and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, the color scheme is from the traitor legion “Legio Mortis”. I liked the plate effects myself but hearing someone else say so means a lot.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. What a great job! They look fun to build. Sometimes you have to do you. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, it was a fun project. It was more involved than I thought it would be, but still fun.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Nice job on that big ole dude! Excellent color combination too! Tell me how you accomplished that "red?" Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you Skip. It was two colors of red. Citadel paints from games workshop. Khorne Red (A dark red) and Mephiston Red (a solid straight up red). Base color was Khorne red built up highlights using a mix of the two and finally just Mephiston.

      You could do it with your art supply store bought paints by simply picking out a dark red, and normal red.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Very intricate and impressive brushwork on this huge model, Kevin. Agree about the nice color combination too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, means a lot from a fellow artist:)

      Delete