Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, December 14, 2020

Core Space

 Core Space is a board game/miniature game. It is a great solo game, as well as a cooperative game. Up to six players could play, but it's sweet spot is 2 or 3, or simply solo.

Basically this is a science fiction themed game where you run a ships crew to investigate planets, asteroids, space hulks etc. on the outer rim of the known universe looking for stuff to sell and basically keep your crew paid and your ship running. Where the fun comes in is that the Purge has been invading the outer rim and absorbing all kinds of matter and sending it through the wormhole to some unknown destination. Kind of like Star Treks Borg, you will be assimilated kind of stuff. Roughly that's what this is about, space opera galore.

So I've had the basic game forever, got tired of waiting for the plague to end and decided I needed a good solo game to invest some time into. Problem is I am painting Space Hulk dudes for a friend and that was in the way. So I weighed my options, put down the Space Hulk, and knocked out the dozen or so figures I needed to play the game with. I have successfully done this and can go back to painting Genestealers for my friends Space Hulk game, and I am able to play my game to boot. 

I am patting myself on the back right now if you can't tell. 

So here are a few of the toys I put out. 

First up are the Core Space Civilians that are non player characters you interact with during the game.

[Below is Haori]



[Butler]


[Gan'eek]



Next up is my space adventuring crew from the space craft Skylark. There are four characters.

[Cpt Weaver, cigar smoking badass]


[Marlowe, kind of like the first mate]


[Faye, the rookie]

[last but not least my fav, MAC]




Finally the villains', the scary Purge...

[Harvesters]

[Devastators]


[the deadly Assassin]


[the orchestrator of all things death the Live One]




That's it, all my lads and ladies ready to do some butt kicking fun. If you made it all the way down to here, thanks for looking and see you next time.

Cheers
Kevin









 

















10 comments:

  1. That's a lot of figures in a very short amount of time! You go Kev!! Sounds like a fun game. I like the paint on the rookie best... though the captain has a lot of character too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip, the rookie is cool, made me think of Prussian hussars.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. I am amazed how fast you turned them around. They look great! Have fun with your first game. You will need to post a battle report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, played first game online with my buddy today, it was awesome, but will see about AAR.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. They all came out very nice indeed. I agree with MP you need to post a battle report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, they were pretty easy.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Very cool figures and eye-catching colors, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete