Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Space Hulk: Blood Angels commission

 Haven't been around for a while. Just burned out from everything that has happened to all of us in 2020. Just bananas. No motivation to paint, because why if you can't get together to game with your friends. On top of that winter is coming, not the Game of Thrones kind, but if feels as epic with the invisible enemy amongst us. The days are whirling by at an astounding rate, at least to me, but the last week or so I've started to see through my cloudy vision. 

I've actually painted up 9 Blood Angels Terminators out of 13 I have to complete, plus a little robot thingy. This has given me a feeling of success and accomplishment that I hope will propel me in the coming weeks to complete them. Then I have like 24 Genestealers to paint, and while those are not difficult to paint of course Games Workshop would make them mini vignettes with them climbing all over bulkheads and dangling wires and such. Gads! 

But the Termies where definitely the more difficult to paint and I am glad I tackled them first. This will give my non painting friend a very nice looking set of miniatures to play on his board. Then I can finally, finally, finally start painting stuff for me.

Yes meeeeeee! I have so many things I want to paint just for the joy of painting them, and not necessarily to game with. Any positive feeling this year is a good thing I say.  

Well without further ado I present to you the nine. First all nine, one at a time, as front views. Then a few group photos from behind. I hope you enjoy my work.

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers

Kevin
















20 comments:

  1. These are amazing!
    Excellent job on the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply outstanding Kevin! Exceeded my expectations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy to hear that, now if I can trudge on is the question.... yes, I must do it.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. They look good! I like the Wolverine guy (with the claws), except it appears that his "junk" has fallen out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I am doing an eye roll at you sir, but that is funny;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Long live the Emperor! I once played a game of Space Hulk in which a single space marine killed over 50 Genestealers. Great fun. I played that game around 30 years ago and can still remember it. Very nice figs. I especially like the lenses and jewels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I also remember our classic battles with our mutal friend in the UK, we had same good times.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. I bought my son the re-issue of Space Hulk when it first came out, I liked the figures so much that I painted them for him. They are simply stunning (and snap-tite as well!) Your brushwork is sublime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anton, I remember you saying so, I hope he doesn't have it just sitting in a closet now. That would make me sad as well as those little guys. They need action!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Sorry for the late visit, Kevin, but great work here again. Makes me want to paint up some Space Marines again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob Dean, and thanks, but my advise is resist that slippery slope. Hang tough on your current projects, they are beautiful.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Awesome figures Kevin. Truly amazing paint work. I burned out as you are. Lost the enjoy in gaming. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary, hold on tight, will get through this.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  8. Simply magnificent, Kevin! It's been a tough year, but this lot at least is something worthwhile to have come out of it.

    Take care of yourself. This winter won't last forever :)

    Cheers my friend,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aaron, and god I hope not (winter last forever), right now I wish I lived on your side of the world. But as the English say chin up...

      Always a pleasure to have you stop by.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous looking terminators! They look ace,it is difficult to keep going but it's just putting one foot in front of the other and repeat, well that's my approach! Good luck!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Iain, working on the Librarian now, slow, but one foot in front of the other;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete