Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Freeblades the miniature fantasy game painting commission

DGS games  puts out rules and models for a skirmish fantasy based game that seems to be picking up steam.

A month ago or so a friend of mine asked me if I would paint ten figures for him. I am pretty sure this was his sly way to get me to become involved. It worked, I spent the commission to buy my models for a warband which I will certainly post here in the coming weeks and months (I have mentioned in past posts that I paint slow right?). But before I can start painting mine I have to finish these, and one other friends models for a Space Hulk commission I picked up after I committed to Freeblades, and that friend knows this and that I’ll punch his out right after.

Small tears forming in my eyes as stuff for me will have to wait.

In the meantime here are three finished figures with seven left to go.

The first three are of the model called the Lioness, for obvious reasons, with the last three being of a Bear Mystic caster who can change into a bear, hence the two in all photos.








As always thanks for looking

Cheers
Kevin


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, hope all is well with you!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Excellent! The Bear Mystic is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, and yes that Bear Mystic out of the entire collection for that tribe does catch your eye.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Awesome. Freeblades is the new black in fantasy rulesets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed sir! Or is it the new Orange? Haha. Thanks bro.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. These look awesome! Can’t wait to see them personally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, it makes me feel good I am making progress. Two more and I will be halfway done.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Wow! They're amazing, Kevin. Awesome painting on equally cool figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, it’s always nice to have you drop by for a look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete