Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Freeblades: Urdagger Boar Warrior

So I finished another figure as a painting mercenary for my friend. This one is called a Boar Warrior. At first I wasn't sure about this figure but as I painted it, I realized it made me think of the movie "Conan". No not that horrific remake. I am talking the one and only true Conan movie with Arnold "the man" Schwarzenegger. Either you like Arnold or you don't, but this movie made me feel like I was reading the Conan books.

The point is this figure had me thinking of the huge muscly men with over-sized weapons, but no matter, they were super cool! One scene in the movie where the one over sized dude had this big hammer like thing and takes a swing unintentionally hitting a big column which cracks and cause the place to cave in. YES! I love these kind of movies!

The movie playing in the background also definitely made it more fun painting this model. So without further ado I present the man himself, the Boar Warrior.





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevni

14 comments:

  1. OMG! You can tell you enjoyed painting this guy. He is a beast! Nice work on every aspect. Little details like the belt buckle and a row of upper teeth are the best. You truly are a master of your own kind! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, most appreciated. The only person who has to like them in the end is you, and it makes me happy it has.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Very Arnie like - cool figure and excellent brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thanks for having a look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. I like it! Reminds me of a Berserker!! The shading is most excellent! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does give you that Viking feeling. You’ll see a theme for sure when I get the others done.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Scary cool wild man, Kevin! Man-Bear-Pig :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Indeed, wasn’t there a show about that, I can't remember.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too, there are a couple of more male figures I’ll be doing that are interesting as well.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Superb, he looks so strong, fierce, and gorgeous, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, much appreciated. Thanks for stopping in as well:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete