Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Adeptus Titanticus, Robotech and more buildings...

So it looks like Plast Craft Games, like some other companies, got way over their heads in these silly Kickstarter schemes and because of it looks like they are going to have to close their doors. Sad because they made some nice inexpensive pre colored terrain.

So taking advantage of the clearance sales going on from some online retailers awhile ago before the "event" happened, I bought some 10mm scifi buildings to make a small city for my Adeptus Titanticus and Robotech models. Pretty much everything else I need I could scratch build.

Adeptus Titanticus is more Gothic feeling so the buildings aren't really meant for them, more for Robotech, but it really doesn't bother me. I can spend the time, after building these pre colored bits, painting my non painted Adeptus terrain at a leisurely pace.... did I just say paint terrain... hahaha. Well that is my intent anyways.

Here is a few pictures of a building I put together that came out of this tiny box, along with some photos of an unfinished Titan and a Robotech model for scale.




That's it for now...

Cheers
Kevin

8 comments:

  1. Painting terrain sounds like a good goal to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's like going to the Dentist for a root canal! But I just have to suck it up and make it happen.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Cool, Kevin. You are always working on a whole bunch of interesting things! Hope you're doing well in these uncertain times.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing well Aaron, hope your family is as well.

      Thanks man, I love shiny things. Ooh, let me paint that! So I paint that, but never finish an army. Ah well, it's fun to paint at least.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear of their closing, but great you'll get some bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pretty cool, I got all I'll need in the clearance sale. So I am set. Just have to take care of them.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Printed terrain like this has come a long way and can look great ... and hey, whatever gets you gaming :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Being retired, I have found I bought the wrong ticket for retirement. I bought Economy seats, instead of First Class, and now my hobby budget gets cut first for other things. I can't use I have no time excuse;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete