Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, July 29, 2019

Showcase: Combined Army additions

What a crazy Summer this has been so far for me. I am watching four children as a sitter gig and, though the kids are great, I am mentally exhausted by end of day and have had no energy to paint much or post.

But I have not been totally idle. Here are a few additions I have been able to add to my Onyx Sectorial list for the Combined Army for Infinity. If you believe in the Dark Side, then this is the Army for you.


First up is a figure from Corvus Belli Dire Foes 6 box set called "Free-lance Stringer". She is considered an HVT (High Value Target). In the game Infinity if you capture your opponents HVT you can gain objective points toward your score in trying to win the game. Infinity is basically an objective based game, so just going around murdering your opponent won't necessarily win you the battle. Here are a few snaps of her.




Next up is a Combined Army Drone Remote called an "E - Drone", which is armed with a Combi rifle for defense, but more importantly is a Hacking unit, which like it sounds, will cause havoc with the enemies network.



Lastly for tonight I present Corvus Belli's "Pneumarch of the Ur Hegemony" another HVT model like the Free Lance stringer, except here I am using this model as a proxy for the Combined Army's "Nexus Operative" a hacker type model armed with a combi rifle. I was not pleased with Corvus Belli's scuplts for the Nexus Operative so I decided to use the Pneumarch as it is really close, and I think you will agree with me, a very cool looking model.




Well that's it for now and as always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

6 comments:

  1. Very nice as always. I especially like the drone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I was pleased with how the droned turned out.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Lovely work, nicely done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late visit, Kevin. But lovely work as always - the lady in red most appealing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your busy with all your brush work, no prob. Thanks I am happy you like my style.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete