Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Showcase: Infinity Yu Jing Celestial Guard

I am participating in my local Infinity Clubs paint a new army by November 23rd of 2019. It's a 300 point limited insertion list, which means not normally more than 10 models, but with servant bots and HVT's (High Value Targets) it could reach 14 or 15 models. Now while this doesn't sound like a lot, it's not, it still is a challenge. Especially for this old ADD... CDO (OCD done correctly) kind of person who sees a squirrel and like a hound dog my attention is immediately torn away from what I am supposed to be doing. But hey, don't all of us hobbyists have that in common, the oh ahh factor, and buying a ton of crap only for it to never see the light of the gaming table (unless you play with them unpainted, BUT WHO DOES THAT I ASK YOU???).

Yep I have a ton of different periods that I like to convince myself that I am working on all of them simultaneously, because I can! But I am still waiting for myself to display these said works of art to prove that I am actually doing this.

Hence the reason that I say, it's only 10 models or so, but......

Well without poo pooing about it any longer let me show you what I have done with my time this past two weeks. I selected the faction Yu Jing, and within that faction there is a Sectorial called the Imperial Service. It's like the Yu Jing's faction secret police army. I kind of have a thing lately for the bad guys, you know, like Darth Vader, Darth Maul, stuff like that.










As Always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin



9 comments:

  1. Figure looks awesome. Great job all around especially on the yellow bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, my new wet palette certainly helped with the yellow affects.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. I don't play Infinity, but I always like looking at your figures. Keep up the good painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking figures! And you are painting once again!! Woohoo! Are you painting them 4 at a time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how come there is always one with boobs?

      Delete
    2. Skip, Skip, Skip..... It's the anime style but your right, but I would point to why do they model a female soldier with high heel boots??? Just not efficient!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Very cool figures and lovely color combination, Kevin.

    ReplyDelete