Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Blood Bowl: Naggaroth Nightmares

Well it's been a bit since I posted anything and I can't believe (again) how fast time fly's by when you're older. Remember when you were kids and time seemed to barely advance and you were always in a hurry for something to happen? Now at the other end of the age spectrum I am like, for F*&^ Sake time slow bloody down!!!!

I don't normally do commissions, as I absolutely hate not being able to keep the miniatures when I am done. But a friend of mine doesn't paint at all and his eBay searches didn't come up with a decently painted Dark Elf team. So I did him a favor and painted one up for him. Now I can see why he couldn't find one on eBay to buy, they absolutely are ZERO fun to paint. I hated every minute doing them, but I trudged on and did it. Now mind you my ZERO fun to paint could also have been subconsciously influenced by the fact I knew I wouldn't be adding them to MY collection.

The models are nice, but after dealing with three piece snap together models that GW put out for the Orcs, Dwarfs, Skaven, and Humans, I was "what the hell were they thinking" when they came out with these. Lot's of fiddly bits, and definitely not as easy to put together as the aforementioned models.

But I survived and got them done in time for my buddies second game of our league and he made short work of an Orc team 2 - 0.

Since I wouldn't be able to keep them I at least took photos. So without further ado here they are.

[Lineman Pose 1]


[Lineman Pose 2]


[Lineman Pose 3]


[Blitzer Pose 1]


[Runner Pose 1]


[Witch Elf Pose 1]


As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you sir, yes the purple is a nice color indeed. Wait till you see my Horus Hersey stuff.... well one day anyways, I've gotten 3 done in the last two years;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Excellent work again. They would definitely beat my dwarfs in a painting competition. But appearance may not be enough to ensure a victory over the dwarfs in the finale game of the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your to hard on yourself sir, I love your painting skills. I am looking forward to seeing you play the last game against them. I must clear my schedule for that throw down.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. These look really cool! Nice paint. I especially like the "Blitzer" fellow. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you sir. I was thinking about dusting off some of that ole army training and staging a raid to get them back into my collection...... nah, to much work;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. They look great, and I bet your mate is happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, and I do believe he is. He's kind of like Mr. Spock when it comes to feelings, but I am pretty sure he is happy with them.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Great looking dark elves! Nice of you to paint them too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I do have to work on my “just say no” when asked to do something like this;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete