Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Harry Potter in scale 1:1

Not the winter cold, nor a driving snowstorm could keep Professor Snape (myself), Hermione, Bellatrix, and Professor Trelawney from appearing at the Commerce Township Community Library's Yule Ball for kids between the age of 2 and 18 on Saturday.

Of course they all got a good laugh when they overheard all the muggle's say how bad the roads were getting there. Professor Snape with a smirk on his face said quietly to Bellatrix, "muggles, how charming they drove, apparating is the only way to travel", and with this Bellatrix let out a quiet wicked laugh.

Even Hedwig made an appearance, of course he didn't apparate, so did have some trouble getting there having to fly in that windy mess.





Cheers
Kevin

8 comments:

  1. Okay, that's totally awesome! Everybody looks great.
    Thanks for sharing the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It looks like you all had tremendous fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yep the crew had a blast!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Kevin. I love black, but it shows my dandruff! :) Oh, and the owl is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never worried about that as I shaved my head and beard and mustache off. I started this a few years back for my Grand Daughters Harry Potter themed Birthday party. Of course I had to go all out for my little girl;) The kids liked it, and they've talked me in to wearing a few more times since.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! Great reprise :)

    Hope all is well with you and yours, Kevin!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron! I hope your transition to the other continent is going well.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete