Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

First Blood Bowl game

A few days ago a couple of my friends came over to play our first Blood Bowl game, but more importantly work out the Blood Bowl 2 rules. We are starting a league in a few weeks and would be just silly for everyone to come over and not have a clue with at least the basics gotten down.

It's crazy how simple the rules are yet it took us just a little over two hours to play just the first half. That said there was a lot of stuff we thought we knew but stuff kept coming up causing us to dive back into the rule book to figure it out.

In the end it was a very productive get together, we learned quite a bit, my painted figures finally got to hit the table, and it was great to see the progress Rob has made on his human team. They really look great up close and personal. I only took a few photos as I was pretty busy trying to push in the only score made in the game (hand over mouth, did I just say that? I mean the Orcs up 1 to nothing against those puny humans team? A practice learning game to boot!!!). Oh hell yeah I did;)

Here are a few photos of the game being played on my cool but overpriced (had to buy it anyway) mouse pad pitch for the Gouged Eyed Orcs. 


 
As always thanks for stopping by and having a look.

Cheers
Kevin

9 comments:

  1. I trust your Orky heroes crushed the little pink things into goo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I did, that was the most fun!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. True gladiator football combat, are you not entertained! Lol!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Interesting game, Kevin. The mat is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, I like it, but Forge World prices are crazy. Yet I must be a crazy cause I bought it anyway. If you like football you should try it out. It’s a tongue in cheek parody of NFL football with rugby and soccer feel thrown in. Sometimes its more fun bashing than it is scoring.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Looks like fun. And only 12 or so figures per side. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew this would pull at your heart strings, low price, only a few to paint, and a lot of fun gained.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. the game is AWESOME!!!!

    Now get some stunties in there, then the chaos really begins!

    ReplyDelete