Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

SF3D/Maschinen Krieger: Y-15 Tank

 THE HARDEST PART

Warning orders have come down, you've prepared the best you can, the day comes and the FRAG order arrives, and you move up on the departure line........ and wait for the go word (hence the hardest part in the waiting).......

I did some minor conversions on one of the tanks by drilling out the commander's hatch and cutting one of Drew's new ground crew figures and fitting him in. I took a 15mm WWII Honey tank hatch I had extra and trimmed it down to fit appropriately and then added the sitting ground crew member to the front of the tank and I liked how it worked out. I magnetized the turrets, and other than filling a few holes etc. Here ya go!







There isn't much information available about the Y-15 tank as this was a scratch build by modelers (back in the 80's/90's) and had a very short narrative about them in some of Kow's books. To give you what little write up I could find I found this snippit listed below from a forum, and I can not verify if it's a reliable source or not, but I think it's a translation from one of the Kow Books Vol 1.

Y-15 tank

The tank in Pzkw.182

"The mercenary army which declared war on the Shutoral army had the tank Pzkw.182 in 2882 in it. The Shutoral army foreign legion and movement police party stationed on earth were immediately attacked by the mercenary army, which captured much equipment, arms, and vehicles, etc. ] The mercenary army organized tank troops, made up of the captured tank in Pzkw.182, and it began production of a copy named the Y-15 tank, formally under the newly established mercenary army central army arsenal.

The tank troops composed by Y-15 tank sortied in order to meet the advance guard of the SHUTORARL armies 56th armored army corps which descended to September 25, 2882 on Australia, and the 7th armored movement infantry division.

However, the Y-15 was comparatively small, compared to the large-sized Shutoral tank, and was out ranged by the prime tank group of the Shutoral army which carries laser of large power, and it was hardly able to to combat them. "



As always thanks for looking.

Cheers

Kevin


2 comments:

  1. Those armored vehicles look great, Kevin. Your work in this scale rivals any in 28mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, best compliment I could ever get!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete