Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Tribal!

 So a few weeks ago I saw an article about a ruleset called "Tribal" on a blogger post I follow I Live With Cats . I was instantly hooked, ordered the rules and some minis and they came a week ago Friday. I got working on them this past Monday and realized as I read the rules through the week I would need more figures. So I ordered another batch of about 30 so I can have two sides. I ordered some tribal huts and Mammoths from Steve Barber Miniatures but they had to wait till they got their metal supply in to cast them. So hopefully I will get them soon. My plan is to have everything painted before the end of February and get in a couple of play test games so I can run a Mammoth hunt scenario at our Club Convention in the middle of March. 

Will see how that goes. In the meantime here are the first 25 figures I've completed this week (That's right mark, a whole week before YOU said I would get them done!!!).

For some reason I thought they'd be a lot easier to paint, I was wrong! There was a lot more going on with them than I thought. These are really super nice sculpts I got from North Star.


Chieftain and Hero's 



Villagers



Long Weapons



Short Weapons



Young lads throwing missiles



Though more of a challenge to paint, I still had a blast doing them.

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin










7 comments:

  1. Very nice! They look great. Very impressive painting schemes. Your commitment to painting figures is unparalleled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, I would only correct that to say unparalleled in our own group😉

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Whaaaaagh! These look incredible! Neolithic hunting season is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaagh is right! Caveman Orcs! We are going to have a blast playing this.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. I saw that same post and was tempted to do just what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You have to support the all Black’s after all;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete