Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Aristeia! The Game: Fiddler, Lei Gong, Señor Massacre, and Valkyrie

 So while I painted a few figures for my non painting friend, I made time to paint a few for me. The satisfaction of completing a figure is only enhanced when you know it's just for you.

I fell in love with the special edition of the Fiddler miniature a long time ago but have never been able to get my hands on one. Fortunately a brand new release came out for Fiddler for the game Infinity and I just had to get it.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!

Fiddler is an Ariadne activist engineer welcomed by the Nomad Nation who needs to fight in the HexaDome with her Jackbots to fulfill a dream.




Next up is Léi Gōng.

When the thunderclap comes, there is no time to cover the ears.

Léi Gōng is The Lord of Thunder, in Chinese mythology, in the HexaDome, and on the battlefield. Fast, elusive, and powerful, Léi Gōng is a veritable force of nature who changes the course of any confrontation.





Señor Massacre

WITH PALS LIKE ME, WHO NEEDS ENEMAS?

Merc and showman, Señor Massacre is as violent as he is chatty. His military past provides him with enough experience to honor his stage name. In the middle of the fight, katanas in his hands, the result tends to be a lot of mortally wounded enemies, to say the least. His constant mockery of the show, everyone else, and himself, is just his way of constantly avoiding a past that haunts him, trying to drive him crazy.



... and last Valkyrie

VICTORY OR VALHALLA!

Blunt as a sledgehammer. Valkyrie charges to the Scoring Zone and seizes it. If Valkyrie has chosen you, there’s no place in the HexaDome where you can hide. She will find you, and she will beat you. Or worse, she will trap you and make you watch your team’s defeat.



That's it for today folks!

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin








8 comments:

  1. Awesome paint job Kevin. And I can vouch for their brutality in the HexaDome. They will beat you to a pulp.
    Watch out for the one's with Smoke.
    It's a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al, glad you like yours. You better of course or I stop painting for you;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Excellent work again. I am amazed by how many beautiful figures you can crank out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, a very nice compliment.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. As always you do those Infinity figures justice with the painting style and detail you give them. Super paint job! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, we need to get back to Code One.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. I'm enjoying your work on these Aristeia minis quite a lot! Pretty nice, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber, I am happy you like them. I've got a few more on my list to do, but I like to rotate subjects every couple of weeks to keep it fresh. But I am sure I will get some more done when I play the next game. That always motivates me to do more.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete