Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Bolt Action: Early war Soviets

 Painting up some opposition for my Germans. Having painted up France 40 Germans it only made sense to me to paint up some early war Russians so I could get maximum benefit out of my models built and painted.


As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


8 comments:

  1. Great looking Soviet Infantry, Kevin. I like the Warlord Games WW2 plastics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, while they’re not the most difficult models I’ve put together, they sure do challenge the mind. These are acting as my template to put others together and how to paint them. Gotta think production line.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Anton, they’d be even nicer if they painted themselves! Man would that be a hobbyist dream come true.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Nice job! Did you paint them slowly or were you rushing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Aaron, I got them done in a week, a couple hours a day. Just doing a basic job as I need a ton of Russians.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great looking Soviets, I think I set a time limit for every bolt action Soviet figure so I didn't get too involved as you need so many!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, that's exactly my approach!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete